I love a red front door, really I do. I feel like a red door is inviting, and just looks "happy". Also, according to feng shui red front doors invite success, prosperity, and bring good energy to a home. Feng shui says that front doors that face southwest, like ours, should be pink, apricot, peach, or yellow. Well, I don't know about those colors, and I think I'll stick with red.
We're about to start working on the outside of the house, and we're planning on
- Painting the exterior a very, very light gray
- Purchasing a fiberglass door (they're supposed to be better quality and are less likely to dent) with small square windows at the top
- Painting the new front door red, obviously ;)
- Painting the shutters a bright blue
- We're still deciding what to do with the porch steps... I'd like to extend out our porch and put down tile or paint that looks like rocks. We shall see...
- Purchasing a new white garage door
|via The Knot|
|Via The Lulu Bird|