This morning I laid in bed and finished reading The Happiness Project, by Gretchen Rubin.
(I realize it's 7:40am, I am on vacation from work, and I am very much a morning person. I have always had a tendency to wake up incredibly and unnecessarily early much to my parent's dismay hehe) Rubin's book has impacted the way I think, perceive, and treat myself and the people I interact with on a daily basis. I am grateful for that, and hope I can maintain this more positive way of looking at life and engaging with others.
|Last summer in Maui.. siighhh|
On that note, I'd like to start a " 10 Happy Things" feature on the blog
1. Those moments when Nadav and I are just hanging out and being our nerdy selves, and I look at him and I think, "Man, you're cute" or "Geez, I love you"
2. Driving into my parent's neighborhood and thinking about the times I rode my bike down this street as a kid, colored with sidewalk chalk on the driveways, and ran into my friends' homes to play. (There also was the time I rode my bike into a trashcan and chipped my tooth, which I also find pretty entertaining)
3. Watching Real Housewives of ANY city with my mom in her bed and talking
4. Letting my dad show me around his front and backyard and listening to him proudly talk about all the beautiful flowers and plants he has planted
5. Seeing my brother growing up and being so proud of him
6. My best friend's baby's EVERYTHING... his laugh, fingers, smile. There's nothing like holding a baby you love.
7. The comfort of old friends and the memories we have already made and will make
8. Making new friends
9. Working on this blog, realizing it's become a hobby I love, and hoping that some people are enjoying following along.
10. One Sprinkles Cupcake (or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 Sprinkles Cupcakes)
Hope you enjoyed