I give you Joelle, with a reallllly yummy recipe.
Hi friends! My name is Joelle Duff, and I blog over at Something Charming. I love to share all things I find lovely in life, including weddings (I’m a wedding planner) and other pretty things. Though I don’t share it too often on my own blog, I also love to cook and bake, and Tammy has asked me over today to share one of my favorite fall recipes with you.
Cake (adapted from this recipe)
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and ginger)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
2. Mix together pumpkin, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating in between each.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, little by little and mixing in between each batch.
5. Pour into the greased bundt pan and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- ¼ cup softened butter
- ¼ cup softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (I use Bulleit)
- Powdered sugar (about 1 to 1 ½ cups)
1. Beat softened butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
2. Add bourbon.
3. Gradually add powdered sugar until the consistency of frosting.
4. Pour frosting over cooled cake and enjoy!
This is one of my husband’s favorite fall recipes, and it’s always a hit with friends! There isn’t really anything more “fall” to me than this pumpkin cake, some hot chocolate or coffee, and a cold night.
Thanks for having me over today Tammy! xoxo
Sounds so so good, right? I happen to think that pumpkin anything and bourbon go perfectly together =P
Make sure you head over to Joelle's blog and say hi! She's awesome