While I'm away I asked some of my favorite ladies to keep you entertained. Next up, Erika.
Hi I'm Erika.
I blog at about inspiring things and sell my handmade totes, clutches and wristlets.
And I'm here to talk about cooking. Why? Because Tammy just recently admitted that she has never made soup. And as a fanatical soup lover, I thought that it was a terrible, awful thing that she had never done it.
Not only is soup delicious-- it's really easy to make. Really easy.
Roasted Sweet Potato Soup with Quinoa (altered from recipe found here)
ingredients:2 medium sweet potatoes1/2 white onion, diced2 carrots, sliced 2 teaspoons cumin 2 stalks of celery, sliced1 large garlic clove, diced3 tablespoons olive oil, divided1 cup cooked quinoa3 cups chicken or veggie broth1/4 cup wateroptional: 2 teaspoons tapatio sauce optional: 4 strips of bacon, crumbled
1. Peel and dice your sweet potatoes and place them and the carrots on a cooking sheet. Drizzle with 1 table spoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Set aside.
2. Heat remaining olive oil in large pot on medium high. Add sliced onion and cook until translucent.
3. Add diced garlic, cumin and celery. Stir while cooking for 1 minute.
4. Add roasted carrots and potatoes. Cook for 4 minutes.
5. Add broth and water. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat and cook on medium low until carrots and potatoes are tender.
6. Using an immersion blender or in batches using a blender, puree the soup. The husband doesn't like perfectly smooth soups, so I usually leave a few chunks. Feel free to do the same.
7. Stir in quinoa and tapatio sauce.8. Top with crumbled bacon.Serve with parmesan cheese toast. Delish.
and if you want to see more of me, I can be found on the Internet on my blog, in my shop or at 140 characters on Twitter as @rougeandwhimsy. Want more soup recipes? They're all here on my Pinterest board!