|A magical Coronado Island sunset|
Jumbled silly thoughts, they happen.
1. Nadav and I both have this week and next week off of work. It has been so so nice to reconnect and actually spend time together. I wish we could do this all the time.
2. Speaking of time together, Nadav convinced me that I should watch the Lord of the Ring movies with him so we can watch The Hobbit in movie theaters. Does anyone else find these movies exhausting? =P I'm not saying I hated them but (ok I liked them but I didn't want to actually admit that to Nadav)....
- Each main character in the movie has about 34 lives. Really now, they all should have died within the first 5 minutes of each movie.
- So they walk, and they walk, and then they walk some more.
- I am convinced that the hobbits are all a bit fabulous if you know what I mean. Naturally, this makes me appreciate the movies more =P
3. The lack of Christmas celebrations in this household, combined with 2 weeks of vacation has allowed for lots of time spent organizing, cleaning, and working on the house. We finally hung up two mirrors that have been on the floor for about 2 years and framed 2 Orange & Park prints that will soon be up on the wall. Mom, you will be so proud. (Lets be real now. My mom saw this post, saw the first sentence about the Lord of the Rings, decided this post would be boring, closed the page, and didn't even get to #3. It's okay Mom, we'll talk later.)
4. The Hotel Del Coronado is absolutely beautiful right now. It's covered in Christmas decorations and feels kinda magical. Check it out if you're in the area, and I promise to blog about it later this week. :)
5. The mall is absolute madness on the day after Christmas. Mental note to self to never, ever make that mistake again.
6. We are in the process of making our Italy itinerary. Any recommendations about where to stay in Rome? I'd love to stay near the Pantheon.
7. I'm feeling extra thankful these days, I guess two weeks off of work will do that to you. Thankful for my man, my family, my friends, and all of you. Thanks for coming back each day and reading my blog
Hope you're enjoying the end of 2012. =)