You Know You Grew Up In SoCal When...
2. You say, "awesome!", "dude", and "like" way more than anyone really should.
3. You don't own a North Face jacket. So you're saying you traveled to SoCal and saw someone wearing a North Face jacket? Trust me, they were on vacation or they just moved here (but seriously). =P
4. You get a teensy bit depressed during the months of April, May, July, August, and September because work gets in the way of ...
5. You also get a teensy bit depressed during June because it's supposed to feel like summer, but June Gloom puts a major damper on days at the beach.
6. You grew up going to Disneyland, and if you grew up in Orange County you had at least 5 friends or acquaintances who worked at Disneyland and could get you in for free.
7. You're used to driving, and driving, and driving so more. Now if we're going to get specific...
- If you live in LA you want to kick yourself every single time you need to drive somewhere
- If you live in OC you curse the 91, 55, 5, and 405 during rush hour... but especially the 91.
- If you live in SD, well traffic doesn't suck but you pretty much dread going to LA. =P
8. You own a pair of Rainbow flip flops and you're pretty sure they match everything in your wardrobe.
9. If you went to public school your teachers went on strike at least once.
10. You don't really get the whole NorCal/SoCal rivalry and really you don't care (SoCal is better cough, wink wink =P).
11. The beach will always feels like home.
And just one more that applies to people who grew up in OC or LA, but now live in San Diego...
12. You feel the need to correct every San Diego resident who tries to tell you that Disneyland, Laguna Beach, and/or Newport Beach are in "LA".... because really now, they are in Orange County. =P
Of course the above 11 items are my own personal opinions and you may feel differently. =P
Did you grow up in SoCal? Is there anything I should or add remove from this list? Share with me please