- In solitude. In taking the time to be alone each day, even if it's just for a few minutes. Time without a cell phone, a computer, or even a book. Time to just sit within one's own thoughts.
- That a little window shopping can really turn an otherwise frustrating day into a much better day. (And on that note, I really wish I had not seen these polka dot shorts at Madewell because I just had to try them on now, and now.... I want them. #NotOkay)
- That there are few things sweeter than love, especially that comfortable, familiar kind of love.
- That the sound of an ice cream truck's music will always remind of long summer days spent rollerblading down my parents drive way and playing hide-and-seek with the neighborhood kids.
- In accepting that everyone will not always like and "get" you, and eventually realizing that it's okay to stop trying.
- In the excitement that comes with an approaching San Diego summer. A summer filled with trips, bonfires, friends, bike rides, and lots of long days at the beach
- That hot chocolate is always a good idea
- That no matter how old I get, I always look to my parents' for advice, love, and that feeling of being home.
Sending prayers to all those affected by the tornadoes in Oklahoma.