|Photo taken last Hanukkah at the parentals' home.|
"Don't you feel a little cheated this year, because Thanksgiving and Hanukkah fall on the same day?"
Au contrair, mon ami. Au contair.
Let me elaborate, because you know it's my blog and I'll elaborate if I want too. =P
1. Hanukkah lasts 8 nights and Thanksgiving is only one. This just means I have 7 more days to give Hanukkah the attention I think it deserves.
2. We eat ridiculously good food on Thanksgiving, and ridiculously good food on Hanukkah. Put those two together and what do you get? Even more ridiculously good food on the same night. Yesssss. #DietStartsNextMonth
3. Speaking of good food. Challah stuffing anyone?! #DietDEFINITELYstartingnextmonth
4. I'm pretty sure Thanksgivukkah will be a once in a life time kinda thing. Naturally I'm a fan of once in a lifetime things. ;)
5. Oh and the very best thing about Thanksgivukkah? Hanukkah does not always align with my "winter" break from work, and Nadav and I usually spend most of the nights lighting candles by ourselves. This year, we'll get to spend the holiday with our families because almost everyone gets to enjoy Thanksgiving off of work.
|Menorah from Target|